International Bank in New York City is seeking an Internal Auditor to join as a new member of their Audit department. Banking/Financial Services, Public Accounting experience and pursuing a CIA and/or CPA is preferred.
Internal Auditor Responsibilities:
- Internal Auditor will be involved in all stages of an audit to include reporting, planning and execution
- Perform audits, validate issue closure, and assess risk and control environments in coordination with the Audit team
- Conduct audits across operational, financial, regulatory and/or technology areas.
- Internal Auditor will perform various audits including planning, scoping, designing testing procedures, and executing audits.
- Successfully complete assigned audits within budgeted costs and timeframes.
- Draft organized audit work papers documenting work performed.
- Write and deliver findings describing the risk, impact and recommendations.
- Create and apply audit procedures to the areas reviewed ensuring that key controls are tested and all significant risks are addressed.
- Schedule meetings and prepare minutes as needed
- Involvement in the Internal Audit risk assessment annually
- Ensure the audit programs conform to the assessed risks and regulatory requirements.
- Successfully facilitate a strong risk management and risk awareness culture among internal stakeholders.
- Monitor and research current and upcoming local regulatory policies.
- Involvement in the implementation of process improvements by adhering to the audit methodology.
Internal Auditor Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Audit, Finance or Accounting
- 4 plus years of relevant work experience
- CPA or CIA preferred
- Experience working at an international bank preferred
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Understanding of U.S. laws and regulations, as it relates to the banking industry.
- Strong organizational, managerial communication and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of the business, risks and related controls
- Excellent speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills.
- Detail orientated, diligent, and strong attention to detail