Investment Management firm based in Manhattan is seeking an Office Manager to join their firm. This hire supports the Chief Operating Officer with human resources, regulatory compliance, employee relations, and financial management functions. Oversees office administration team, while directing ad hoc projects to facilitate workflow improvements and change management initiatives.
- Liaises with recruiters to create and disseminate job descriptions, while directing onboarding processes including background checks, drug tests, employee forms and contracts, and HR portal access. Also prepares documentation for resignations and terminations, while directing interviewing and selection for internal office administration staff.
- Directs conflict resolution and employee complaint management as needed, delivering advisement to resolve escalated situations while documenting all grievances and actions taken.
- Interacts and serves as liaison with firm’s Professional employer organization (PEO) regarding any employment policy changes, or other matters. Updates key business documents including staff directories, emergency contact lists, and information related to firm’s contingency action plans.
- Manages office administrator and receptionist operations, reviewing reports regarding time logs, inventory and maintenance, while fostering a collaborative working environment to generate solutions for dynamic challenges.
- Collaborates with office administrator to deliver training and develop enhanced processes to streamline workflows. Implements digital tactics for financial planning and documentation, while managing internal databases to support efficient document management and information access [including offsite document archives].
- Directs coordination for corporate events, client meetings, team-building exercises, and holiday parties. Secures venues, catering, and equipment while managing event-day operations, set-up and cleanup, while leveraging employee interests and feedback to ensure optimized staff morale and engagement.
- Coordination with building management including building maintenance and other issues. Ensures key changes and updates are communicated with staff
SECONDARY or BACKUP RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages compliance and process optimization projects in collaboration with COO, updating internal policies in accordance with best practices, SEC requirements, ERISA and other regulations. Also crafts and disseminates memos regarding new programs, policies, and key employee announcements, as well as collaborating cross-functionally to create presentations and manage information for multiple departments.
- Supports annual audits, collecting and preparing all compliance documentation for regular updates and approvals.
- Delivers and reviews documentation for all necessary insurance policies.
- As needed, assists in review of new employee brokerage accounts and monthly employee trade testing to prevent insider trading in compliance with FINRA and SEC regulations.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Two to Five years’ experience in a similar role or related experience within financial services.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work cooperatively with senior executives, employees, vendors, and third-party advisors.
- Positive attitude, professional demeanor, personable, tactful, efficient, and a focused work ethic with the ability to execute tasks in a timely and proficient manner.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
- Ability to work extensively with Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with other related systems a plus.
- Salary $75,000-$80,000