Financial firm in Manhattan is seeking a Help Desk Analyst to join their Information Technology team. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of Help Desk experience within a financial firm, and a completed degree.
- Server support of Microsoft Windows 2008 /2012 servers including server management and backups/restores.
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows 7 / 10 desktop environments.
- Provide daily user support including hardware, software including custom in-house applications. Some of these include MS Office, Outlook, Internet Explorer and proprietary applications
- Desktop Engineering including image builds, deployments, etc
- Manage/maintain/support Office system backup jobs and offsite tape rotation.
- Support/Maintain HQ Corporate phone and voicemail systems.
- Support/Administer mobile devices and hosted business applications.
- Active directory and Exchange user administration.
- Support/Manage Card Access Security System – manage and administer card access system
- Research and evaluation of new products, hardware and software as needed.
- Network Support – LAN and VPN
- Maintain/Support/Administer Citrix Xenapp Servers.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in a business environment.
- Bachelors or Associate’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience with Wall Street firms (particularly money management firms) is a plus.
- MCSE is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and organize individual workflow.
- Working knowledge of system and network administration tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skill are essential.
- Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, anti-virus software and experience supporting email clients.
- Ability to solve complex problems and exercise judgment when problems should be escalated.
- Windows 7 /10 OS and 2008/2012 Server operating systems.
- Microsoft Active Directory environment and light MS Exchange management.