International Bank in New York City is seeking a VP of Compliance. Requirements: 5 plus years relevant compliance experience in US regulated bank.
- Maintain and develop corporate compliance programs including reviewing and updating policies and procedures on an ongoing basis, to ensure they are compliant with U.S. laws and regulations.
- Support senior management with conflicts of interest issues, regulatory change management, vendor management program, resolution plan submissions, and compliance advisory.
- Review all services, products and other departments to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, applicable supervisory guidelines and adequacy of operational and systems controls.
- Successfully maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of remediation efforts.
- Successfully assist to develop training program; Conduct or obtain outside experts to provide compliance training sessions to ensure all employees are aware of and understand relevant banking regulations.
- Support Senior Management in role as liaison with NYS DFS and Federal Reserve and other regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree or JD preferred.
- 5 plus years relevant compliance experience in US regulated bank
- International bank experience with with a thorough understanding of relevant laws and regulations and compliance requirements.
- Strong leadership skills with sound business judgment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking and tactical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Manage direct reports