International Bank in New York City is seeking an SVP, Head of Risk Management to join in a Leadership role.
- SVP of Risk Management will review credit proposals, new applications, annual reviews and status reports, and ensure lending in compliance with internal credit policies / guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Manage and supervise Credit and Risk Management officers in managing various risks including credit, market, interest rate, liquidity, new product, and operational risks.
- Review risk management guidelines and guidelines facilitating the implementation of Banks business strategies; for market development and to fulfill the statutory regulations.
- SVP of Risk Management will monitor the compliance with the Bank Group’s risk management statutory requirements and policies.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring and controlling various risks such as, market, interest rate, liquidity, new product and operational risks. Member of various local committees
- Ability to cultivate and promote strong risk management culture within the Bank; maintain effective interactive communications on risk management related issues with relevant parties including business units, operational managers, senior executives, regulators, and auditors.
- Participate and attend committee meetings across various departments.
- Manage the asset quality of the Bank; assist in problem loan restructuring and collections.
- Ability to arrange and provide training for credit / risk management personnel.
- Successfully work with Executive Management on credit investigations and other risk management related inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance
- 10-15 years of experience, to include Credit Risk and other risk areas
- Management and leadership experience
- Experience in Commercial Banks and/or US Branches of International Banks
- Knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions
- Excellent communication skills