Financial technology firm is seeking Finance Director to join their growing office.
- Responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems.
- Ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and payroll and risk management.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing cash balances and making investments.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data.
- Work with the CEO on all strategic initiatives
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports.
- Advises management of actions and potential risks.
- Arranges/supports and manages audits as required and appropriate.
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively.
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation.
- Ensure Statuatory, tax, and legal compliance.
- Directly responsible for all employees with in the division in the US and globally.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, financial or related field or equivalent work experience; CPA required
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations
- Mergers & Acquisition-diligence, agreements, acquisition audits, post-acquisition integrations.
- 5 or more years of experience in managing an accounting function in a medium- or large-size company.
- Experience on Intercompany transactions/global tax and financial knowledge
- Proven Financial Leadership
- Strategic Thinking, Business Acumen, Ethical Conduct.
- Technical Capacity. Performance Management.
- International finance or accounting experience