International Bank is New York City is seeking a VP of Corporate Compliance . The successful hire will manage and oversee the day to day Compliance matters, ensuring employees and operations are in adherence to the relevant external and internal policies, regulations and guidelines. Requirements: Corporate governance, internal controls, alphabet bank regulations knowledge.
- Maintain and develop corporate compliance programs including reviewing and updating policies and procedures on an ongoing basis, to ensure they are compliant with U.S. laws and regulations.
- Support senior management with conflicts of interest issues, regulatory change management, vendor management program, insider trading issues, volcker rule program, resolution plan submissions, and compliance advisory.
- Review all services, products and other departments to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, applicable supervisory guidelines and adequacy of operational and systems controls.
- Successfully maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of remediation efforts.
- Successfully assist to develop training program; Conduct or obtain outside experts to provide compliance training sessions to ensure all employees are aware of and understand relevant banking regulations.
- Support Sr. Management in role as liaison with NYS DFS and Federal Reserve and other regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree or JD preferred.
- 6 plus years relevant compliance experience in US regulated bank
- International bank experience with with a thorough understanding of relevant laws and regulations and compliance requirements.
- Strong leadership skills with sound business judgment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking and tactical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Manage two direct reports