Growing Commercial Bank in Manhattan is seeking an experienced Anti-Money Laundering (AML) FIU Associate, to join as a member of their Compliance department.
- AML Associate will investigate suspicious activity for potential money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, and other illicit activity in violation of the BSA.
- AML Associate will conduct investigations on unusual activity that was escalated to a case from the Bank’s third-party alert clearing team.
- Key member of the Compliance Department in daily management of AML/BSA risk, ensuring compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations.
- AML Associate will interact with all lines of business to resolve issues as appropriate and determine whether the activity is deemed suspicious or can be closed.
- Prepare Currency Transaction Reports and Suspicious Activity Reports to ensure the Bank meets regulatory reporting requirements.
- AML Associate will ensure MILs are completed.
- Successfully assist with clearing potential OFAC/Watchlist hits.
- AML Associate will conduct EDD reviews on High Risk Customers.
- Ability to keep informed of regulations, laws and current practices pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations.
- Develop and modify external and internal forms, as needed.
- Successfully research regulations, laws, and guidance impacting the Bank as it relates to new/modified products/services.
- Ability to support management with development and rollout of initiatives impacting the Bank.
- Successfully support Senior and Executive Management.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two years of AML/BSA Compliance experience.
- CAMS preferred.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to work effectively with all levels across the Bank.
- Excellent analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Provide solutions and direction, multi-task, work independently and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Motivated, results oriented individual who can work in a time sensitive environment.
- Specialized knowledge of Bankers Toolbox (BAM+), Digital Currency, Prepaid Debit Cards preferred.