International Bank is seeking a Director of Accounting, to join in a leadership role in their Manhattan office. Requirements: Ten years of experience in accounting, CPA and bilingual fluency in Mandarin/ English.
- Director of Accounting will coordinate and review overall financial management and financial & regulatory reporting.
- Manage the overall financial performance and tax matters of the NY office.
- Successfully assist with, and coordinate, annual budgeting process with periodic review, monitoring and analysis of budget performance using agreed financial performance criteria.
- Coordinate and review applicable policy and procedure reviews and periodic updates. Liaison with management on policies and procedures.
- Successfully assist with the risk management and internal control review processes and assessments.
- Ability to coordinate with internal and external audit firms on internal audit/annual external audit activities and with regulators on examinations, periodic reporting, and related follow-up thereto.
- Ability to coordinate with tax consultants/tax attorneys for annual income tax returns and reporting, tax disputes and tax related work.
- Accounting operations, production of financial reports, and maintenance of accounting records.
- Oversight of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhancements of the accuracy of the bank’s reported financial results, ensure reported results comply with USGAAP/IFRS or tax laws.
- Participate in Management Meetings, Departmental Meetings, and other business meetings as directed by Management.
- Bachelor degree with a major in accounting, audit, tax, finance or other business-related focus.
- Minimum 10 years of experience required in accounting, auditing, tax, financial analysis; Big 4 audit or tax experience
- CPA is required.
- Banking industry preferred.
- Bilingual English and Mandarin.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.