International Bank in New York City is seeking a Credit Analyst to join their Credit Department. Requirements: Three to six years working experience in credit analysis, commercial banking product knowledge and bilingual fluency in Mandarin & English.
Credit Analyst Responsibilities:
- Credit Analyst will review Front Office’s credit proposals and prepare credit review comments;
- Conduct reviews on internal customer ratings initiated by the Front Office;
- Successfully conduct credit analysis for all new proposals, perform periodic reviews for existing customers/exposures, process waivers/consents/amendments and conduct industry and customer research as needed;
- Manage and maintain credit limits and their utilization, report irregularities to management and recommend remediation plans in the event the credit limit is breached or close to being breached;
- Successfully engage in post-lending management, including collateral management for the existing customers and credit exposure;
- Manage and maintain the Bank’s credit management information systems, and generate periodic reports from those systems and ensure the reports are produced accurately and on a timely basis;
- Review credit system reports, notes, documents and report irregularities on a regular basis;
- Coordinate with various departments and other internal or external parties on credit risk management related matters;
- Review the credit commitment letter and legal documentation to ensure the final contract terms are consistent with the credit approval
- Propose exit strategy/plan for Problem Assets;
- Provide administrative support to the Credit Committee;
- Additional Ad Hoc tasks assigned by the Department Head from time to time.
Credit Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar.
- 3-6 years working experience in credit analysis, familiar with local industries and enterprises
- Bilingual Fluency in Mandarin and English
- Knowledge of commercial banking products, including loans, trade finance, counterparty business, etc.
- Good knowledge of financial reports analysis, cash flow and ratio analysis
- Understand credit issues in Basel, rating agencies, local regulations
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Detail Orientated.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.