International Bank in New York City is seeking a Trader to join their Treasury Department. This new hire will execute treasury transactions, including money market, FX, bond investment, handle trading, liquidity management and asset-liability management-related tasks.
- Successfully monitor and project daily cash positions and execute money market transactions, ensuring the funding mix and funding cost are in line with the bank’s strategies and liquidity and interest rate risks are within pre-set risk limits.
- Trader will execute bond transactions for the bond investment portfolio and research on potential investment targets.
- Ability to execute FX spot and swap and interest rate swap trades to hedge the bank’s assets and liabilities.
- Develop business relationships with counterparties, broker-dealers and investors.
- Successfully coordinate with the operations team to ensure smooth execution and settlement of treasury transactions.
- Ability to prepare periodic analyses of and reports on the bank’s cash flow, asset-liability structure, cost of funds as well as market developments for review by various parties.
- Update and create the Treasury Department’s policies and procedures.
- Perform various compliance-related tasks.
- Ad hoc tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2-5 plus years trading experience in a commercial or investment bank.
- Bilingual fluency in Mandarin and English.
- CFA or FRM certification a plus.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- Good understanding of market dynamics and trends.
- Strong VBA programing skills a plus.