Investment Management firm based in Manhattan is seeking an Accountant to join their Finance Department.
- Accountant will assist with year-end audits and financial statement preparation for all entities.
- Handle accounts payable: invoice entry, check writing and maintenance of paid bill files.
- Production of client quarterly advisory fee invoices, daily cash receipts and maintenance of accounts receivable subsidiary ledgers.
- Daily cash management
- Perform month-end closing of the general ledger
- Maintenance of monthly expense spreadsheets
- Quarterly commission calculations for sales staff.
- Monthly accounting of brokerage activity and allocation of investment income to Management
- Special projects as assigned by management.
- Preparation of individual partner capital statements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2-5 years of accounting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, quick learner, problem solving and organizational skills
- Salary $55,000-$65,000