Commercial Bank in New York City is seeking a VP, Specialty Deposit Services Manager to manage the Specialty Deposit Operations area of the Bank. Responsibilities include overseeing the daily functions of the team, managing service levels and assisting with business continuity planning for the Specialty Deposit Services team.
- Manage the team responsible for the daily operational functions within the Specialty Deposit Services team including the operations of niche deposit verticals.
- Successfully manage all internal and regulatory audits with the team to ensure satisfactory ratings. Following up on all outstanding items with the help of the other Department Managers/ Team Leaders.
- Reconcile the ACH GL’s, legal process, Cleartouch product management, Quality Control and Specialty deposits.
- Complete Vendor management reviews
- Ability to ensure that General ledgers are in proof daily
- Assist with Third Party Client Operational Risk Reviews
- Maintains deposit products on Core banking system, Assist with core deposit system enhancements, updates, and parameter changes. This includes making recommendations for system enhancements and changes based on vendor communications.
- Conduct team meetings to discuss issues, regulatory updates or explain procedural changes and regulatory guidelines. Keep Management apprised of all issues.
- Assist in Managing Trustee relationships. Provide excellent customer service, making sure tickets are responded to in the timeframe notated in SLA’s agreed upon with Trustee Management Program.
- Assist with staff development and ensures that the team’s service behaviors contribute to the bank’s overall strategy for the client and internal customer experience.
- Maintain and create procedures with the help of the team.
- Work with Audit and Compliance departments to ensure operational standards are consistent with the most current regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to stay abreast of industry trends by attending seminars, online training sessions and workshops as necessary to develop and ensure compliance with banking regulations, federal and state regulations.
- Supervisory responsibility of the Specialty Deposit Services team
- Appraises performance, rewards and coaches the team.
- Ensures cross-training of employees to ensure proper business continuity and development.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with 7 years of management experience in bank operations in a bank and/or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Commercial banking experience preferred.
- Proven leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Team-building and effective communication skills are a critical requirement as well as the ability to make decisions in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others and accept challenging assignments.
- Salary $97,000-$115,000