International Bank is seeking an Internal Audit Associate to join in a newly created position in New York City. This hire will have one to three years of Audit experience. Experience with international banks; on track of CPA or CIA certification desired.
- Internal Audit Associate will assist audit teams to organize and perform detailed analysis and summarize all tangible facts in daily audit activities
- Assist in organizing the risk assessment annually; ensure the audit programs
conform to the assessed risks, and local regulatory requirements
- Assist in monitoring the remediation progress of the internal and external findings. Assist
in facilitating a strong risk management and risk awareness culture among internal stakeholders.
- Research and monitor current and upcoming local regulatory policies, assist in conducting analysis on the main operating risk assessment and related risk issues, and report to management.
- Arrange and schedule meetings and prepare minutes, e.g., bi-weekly meetings with management
- Understand and analyze the implication of IA issues and assists in updating issue tracking reports.
- Interact with Head Office IA Bureau /stakeholders in Audit, perform translations as needed, and Supports HOIAB reporting and other related activities.
- Ascertain all internal and external audit-related files and documentation are complete,
accurate and reliable with all relevant audit data.
- Support the implementation of improved measures within the internal audit
department by adhering to the audit methodology.
- Assists in the rectification of findings and audit issues or situations.
- Assist in completing all other work related to Internal Audit according to Annual Audit Plan, local regulatory authorities and/or Head Office Audit’s requirements
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in business, audit, finance, accounting and/or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of audit or related work experience.
- Excellent English and Mandarin listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- Experience with international banks; on track of CPA or CIA certification desired.
- Strong organizational, communication and analytical skills.
- Requires good understanding of U.S. laws and regulations as it relates to the banking industry.
- Diligent, high attention to detail.
- Salary $65,000-$70,000