Commercial Bank in New York City is seeking a Consumer Compliance Associate to join their team. This hire will have 4-6 years of experience performing relevant regulatory consumer compliance functions, to support the Banks Third Party Client Compliance Program. Community Banking experience preferred. AML experience within community Banking a plus.
- Contribute and participate in the execution of the Bank’s Compliance Programs, ensuring alignment with corporate compliance and strategic direction and recommend policy and/or action based on internal and external industry developments for area of responsibility.
- Successfully provide compliance assessment, analysis, monitoring, and oversight of the Bank’s Third-Party Clients, including Prepaid Card Program Managers.
- Review marketing materials, disclosures, and other customer communications subject to consumer protection regulations for compliance.
- Ability to serve as a resource to business units, internal team members, and management providing a range of support and analysis on regulatory compliance requirements, issues, and/or best practices, including the provision of guidance in the design, development and/or enhancement of processes and controls to manage compliance risks.
- Successfully perform regulatory research in response to business unit compliance inquiries. Assist and support the business units on the implementation of new and amended laws and regulations.
- Consult and advise on proposed new products, services, and initiatives regarding compliance obligations and corresponding compliance risks, and mitigating controls.
- Ability to provide support with regulatory compliance examinations, and/or compliance audits or reviews.
- Report on and monitor compliance program adherence and issues to Management
- Create and develop trending analytics, heatmaps, key performance indicators, key risk indicators, and other metrics to measure and assess the Bank’s compliance risks to Third Party Clients, including Prepaid Card Program Managers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field is required.
- Minimum 4-6 years performing relevant regulatory consumer compliance functions in the banking industry, and some knowledge of deposit and lending products and applicable laws and regulations, included but not limited to Reg. DD, Reg. E, Reg. CC, ECOA, RESPA, TILA, HMDA, & FCRA. Prepaid Debit card knowledge preferred.
- Community Banking experience preferred.
- AML experience within the community banking sector a plus.
- Experience as a Senior Audit Associate within a Bank, with a focus on consumer compliance products and services will be considered
- Ability to analyze complex laws and regulations and relate those laws to operational procedures, company policies, and industry trends.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and consultative skills: detail-oriented; ability to grasp new concepts quickly. creative problem-solving skills.
- Results-driven, self-starter. Collaborative team-player. Demonstrates sound judgment.
- Ability to work under pressure, exhibiting timely decision making. Ability to handle ambiguity and multi-task.
- Salary $85,000-$100,000