New York based Consumer Products business is seeking an Accountant to join their Edison, NJ or midtown office location.
Inventory and Accounts Payable Accountant:
- Responsibility for all aspects of accounting for inventory and accounts payable
- Provide day-to-day operational support and management with respect to Inventory accounting and reporting, including, matching bills to PO’s and receiving reports, accounting for production in the accounting system, accounting for the landed cost of imports, journal entries and completion of reconciliations to ensure proper accuracy
- Manage Accounts Payable, including approval and posting of bills, reconciliation of vendor accounts and booking bill payments.
- Manage all cross-functional issues related to Inventory and Accounts Payable, such as liaison on vendor related matters, receiving issues, maintain updated bills of materials and changes in operational processes as they relate to Inventory reporting
- Support with various related cross functional projects across the company, as the business scales and as needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of accounting experience, to include accounts payable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and driven
- Ability to work independently and in an entrepreneurial environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- QuickBooks experience a plus
- Salary $50,000-$60,000