Global Law firm is seeking a Collections Specialist for their midtown Manhattan office. Hybrid schedule. Requirements: Two plus years of collections experience within a professional services organization, and a completed bachelor’s degree.
- Resolve discrepancies and ensure prompt payment, maintaining contact with necessary personnel.
- Work with partners and clients in the monitoring, handling, tracking and collection of invoices and all matters relating to Firm’s accounts receivable.
- Track and monitor accounts receivable, review information for accuracy and ensure that all relevant information is correct and in accordance with departmental and Firm policies and guidelines
- Work with partners in the management of their accounts receivable, keeping them abreast of potential collection issues
- Cooperatively work with the billing department to resolve issues with invoices submitted electronically
- Analyze and research collection issues, coordinate with appropriate personnel to identify and resolve further aging of delinquent balances; contact clients according to Firm policy regarding accounts
- Respond and research to inquiries and assist with resolutions in a timely manner
- Handle analysis, identify and help to resolve exposures and issues, communicate findings to manager
- Successfully attend management and partner meetings to review collection comments; review and update comments for reports distributed to Partners
- Provide back up to the cash application process; Assist with special projects as needed; Perform other duties as assigned
- Completed Bachelor’s degree
- Two to Four years of collection experience in a professional services organization
- Strong ability to effectively present information verbally and in writing
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Experience or familiarity with ARCS Collection Software or similar professional collection software
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; Strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to maintain relationships with internal and external clients and effectively address concerns
- Excellent initiative and critical judgment skills with the ability to plan and complete daily activities with minimal direction
- Ability to organize, prioritize, plan and multi-task work activities
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Flexibility to adapt to all work situations and work varied hours
Salary range $70,000-$80,000 based on experience
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME