Commercial Bank is seeking a Risk Management Officer to join their Enterprise Risk Management Department in their New York Corporate Office. This hire will leverage automation to provide reports and presentations for senior management committees and others.
- Risk Management Officer (ERM) will contribute towards the implementation, design, development, and execution of the ERM Framework to enhance an effective risk-based system to identify, measure, monitor, and control enterprise-wide risks.
- Maintain, build and enhance business relations with department and business stakeholders, regulators and auditors for the smooth implementation of risk management activities across the organization.
- Continually improve the usefulness and efficiency of Enterprise Risk Management reports to help management evaluate important trends and risk indicators from available data.
- ERM will support the management of the GRC tool used to store and measure the inventory of the Bank’s risks and controls. Enterprise Risk uses this key tool to implement oversight responsibilities across the organization.
- Generate appropriate reports for use in communicating status to management and oversight committees. ERM will use strong project management experience and analytical skills on collected data to provide quality assurance of output and reporting.
- Support the Third-Party Risk Management Officer with the bank’s vendor management platform and process.
- ERM will assist in identifying, monitoring and analyzing risks within the company’s business units, products, services and delivery channels.
- Successfully assist in performing and managing various risk assessment processes to identify current and emerging risks.
- Support maintenance of ERM policies, procedures, and standards consistent with regulatory guidance.
- ERM will ensure accuracy and completeness in all manner of documentation and reporting.
- Engages in knowledge development by participating in educational opportunities; participating in professional organizations; maintaining professional accreditations; reading professional publications.
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required or related experience.
- Risk management or compliance related certifications is a plus CRCMP, CCSA, CFCS, CAMS or other risk management related disciplines.
- 5-7 years working in a risk management function of a commercial bank, supporting risk management objectives and projects successfully while multitasking on competing priorities.
- ERM will be comfortable working with the regulatory community to include the Federal Reserve Bank and New York State Department of Financial Services (NYSDFS). Ability to understand regulatory guidance and ensure it is placed into practice is a plus for success in this position.
- Knowledge and understanding of the ERM Framework, three lines of defense structure and the COSO guidance on internal controls and fraud prevention.
- Knowledge of commercial banking business is preferred.
- Knowledge of Banking Business.
- Ability to work with management to understand risk appetite, tolerances, and impact of changes to risk profiles.
- PC literate and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills, for decision making. Collaborative Team Player. Problem Solver.
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience in a project management office or project implementation in a risk related field is a plus.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize workflow to ensure deadlines are met and ability to function efficiently under pressure.
- Experience with Consumer Protection law/regulation background is a plus.
- Experience administering or implementing risk management platforms used to store, measure and report data. A results-driven, self-starter possessing excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Ability to work and lead under pressure, exhibiting timely decision making, and with balance.
Salary range $115,000-$130,000 based on experience.SUBMIT YOUR RESUME