International Bank in New York City is seeking an Audit Manager Compliance to join their Internal Audit department. Experience testing BSA/AML and OFAC Program controls and Compliance controls preferred.
- Audit Manager will assist in organizing the risk assessment, ensuring the audit program conforms to local regulatory requirements and implementing the program after being approved by Management.
- Audit Manager will assist in the delivery of compliance-related and noncompliance-related audits, based on critical assessment of the business and the governance, risk and internal control frameworks.
- Assist in the development of the annual audit plan and manage the successful completion of the plan; identify audit process improvements to increase effectiveness.
- Play an integral role in annual and ongoing audit planning and execution of the audit plan.
- Assist the Senior Audit Manager in driving the coordination and collaboration of a consistent delivery of audit work across businesses and functions.
- Assist the Senior Audit Manager to manage the relationship with regulators and examiners.
- Verify compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with Bank’s established Policies and regulatory standards; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Conduct assessments of planned controls for high-risk project activities and recommend appropriate project life cycle controls to ensure end results do not pose undue organizational risks.
- Execute the assigned tasks within the continuous monitoring program.
- Understand and keep abreast of the changes in the business and regulatory environment impacts of Banks governance framework.
- Coordinate with the Senior Audit Manager to maintain dialogue and communication with senior management on the major plans, projects and structural changes that will impact their business by participating in committee meetings as non-voting member.
- Verify that relevant information obtained from management/stakeholders relating to significant changes in the business environment and the internal control framework are timely included in the IA Risk Assessment.
- Promote and facilitate the use of best banking practices, sharing knowledge to improve job quality.
- Assist in monitoring and managing the internal audit outsourcing projects, tracking the audit outsourcing institution(s)’ working performance, and monitoring the outsourcing projects’ working progress and changing personnel situation.
- Ensure external consultants’ risks, conclusions and recommendations are reasonable and well-based and all audit reports are prepared in an efficient, timely and concise manner.
- Maintain internal control standards including timely implementation of internal and external audit recommendations together with any issues raised by US Regulators.
- Assist the Senior Audit Manager in completing all other work related to internal audit according to the local regulatory authorities or Managements Audit Bureau’s requirements.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Audit, Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Experience testing BSA/AML and OFAC Program controls and Compliance controls preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong understanding of U.S. laws and regulations as it relates to the banking industry.
- Experience with international bank, CPA, CIA or CAMS preferred.
- Strong organizational, managerial communication and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of the business, risks and related controls within areas of responsibility.
- Excellent listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- Diligent, high attention to detail.
Salary Range: $110,000-$170,000
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME