Global Bank in New York City is seeking a Sr. Associate, to join their Banking Operations department. This hire will have experience in wholesale banking operations or as a specialist of trade finance and/or international trade settlement.
· To manage trade finance process, including communicating with clients and counterparts, handling transactions, completing booking in bank systems, and investigating and responding any inquiry; to exam trade documents according to rules and market practice; To work with relationship managers, risk managers, and compliance offices, to work out new trade products, develop / implement operational procedures;
· To serve deposit customers and open / maintain all types of deposit accounts; To respond customer inquiries, and handle client request; To complete all compliance and operational reports on regular basis;
· Process CIF set-up and account openings/closings in e-IBS, and correspond with relationship managers and customers about account opening issues
· Process customer account daily maintenance and maintain account opening files
· Execute various deposit transactions in relation with Checking Accounts, Savings Accounts and Time Deposit Accounts
· Process Official Check issuance and remittance instructions of Bank customers
· Comply with the BSA / AML / CIP requirements in daily banking operations;
· Report irregular and suspicious transactions to the Supervisor and/or BSA Office and/or Compliance Officer during the daily banking activities
· Handle check deposit services and check-book printing for Bank customers
· Safe-keep cash, hold half of the combination/ the number lock or the 2nd key of the safe / Fire-proof Cabinet
· Respond to customers’ banking enquiries during daily operations
· Responsible for customer registration, information maintenance, generation of customer Logon ID and password, and activation of customer on-line accounts
· File and update banking transaction registers daily
· Monitor dormant accounts
· Process customer monthly statements and yearly customer tax forms
· Formulate monthly and periodic statistical reports within the banking operation area
· Handle duties and ad-hoc projects assigned by the Supervisor and the Head of Operations.
· Bachelor degree is required; Master’s Preferred
· Have in-depth knowledge of wholesale banking operations or all trade finance products, including commercial or standby LC and documentary collections
· Minimum 3-8 years experience in wholesale banking operations or as a specialist of trade finance and/or international trade settlement. Familiar with ICC rules / guidelines
· Able to independently complete the entire process of trade finance or international trade settlement. Fully understand all types of deposit accounts at a commercial bank, and relevant regulatory requirements in consumer or cooperate banking, AML, and UCC rules.
· Good communication skill by oral and in writing. Proficiency in word and spreadsheet, and able to process transactions in banking systems. Must be able to work with multi tasks, and as a team player.
· English / Mandarin is required.
Salary range $70,000-$100,000SUBMIT YOUR RESUME