Commercial Bank in New York City is seeking a VP, HR and Employee Relations Manager to join a growing Human Resources team. Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resource processes, workplace investigative protocols, employment law standards and federal, state and NYC laws and regulations. Banking or Financial Services industry experience.
- Proactively drive a positive culture, delivering strategic employee relations solutions, to promote and uphold positive approaches.
- Coaches and influences Human Resources team members and managers around best practices and outcomes.
- Successfully advises managers on handling behavioral and performance issues and completes documentation.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment-related laws and regulations.
- Develops and keeps up to date the Employee Handbook and HR related policies.
- Identify gaps in regulatory compliance, offering solutions to HR leadership.
- Partner with legal counsel to balance regulatory compliance with the needs of the business.
- Successfully conduct internal investigations, advises on employee concerns and grievances, recommends solutions to find a resolution and completes documentation.
- Resolve and investigate employee complaints and concerns.
- Advise managers, HR and employees on claims of unfair treatment, performance management, family and medical leave, and health-related issues.
- Ability to support workplace disciplinary actions and issues including warnings, grievances and terminations.
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree or certificate preferred.
- 8-12 years Human Resources work experience including Employee Relations or business-facing HR role.
- Banking or Financial Services industry experience.
- Detail-oriented, strong communication skills in verbal and written form, and the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge and application of employment law standards, HR best-practices, federal, state and NYC laws and regulations and workplace investigative protocols.
- Strong experience in managing employee relations and conducting workplace investigations into employee concerns.
- Salary Range $135,000-$150,000
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME