Growing Bank in New York City is seeking a Senior Employee Relations Specialist to join their ER team.
- Employee Relations Specialist will review and approve employee disciplinary actions to include written warnings and performance improvement plans.
- Successfully act as primary point of contact for employee relations issues.
- Ability to conduct follow up to complaints and ensure complex workplace issues are resolved. Conduct employee relations investigations as applicable.
- Ability to work closely with management and staff regarding employee relations, coaching, employee development, and engagement.
- Maintain and update complaints tracking and warning logs; maintain investigation files.
- Ability to prepare applicable written materials for documentation and conveying information.
- Employee Relations specialist will review involuntary terminations to ensure they are consistent with Bank policies and procedures; attend termination meetings.
- Ability to provide coaching to managers in order to enhance their people and performance management skills.
- Advise and consult with management regarding the interpretation of policies/practices to ensure compliance with legal and administrative requirements; facilitate resolution of issues.
- Employee Relations specialist will conduct exit interviews; identify trends and generate metrics.
- Successfully assist Employee Relations Manager in training Employee Relations Specialists, helping to resolve issues, act as a positive role-model, and foster teamwork. Assist with escalations, in the absence of the Employee Relations Manager.
- Liaise with various departments at the Bank, as needed.
- Employee Relations specialist will ensure compliance with state, federal and city employment laws.
- Successfully assist with the implementation and development of policies, programs and procedures related to employee relations.
- Participate in Human Resources and regulatory audits.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience with Employee Relations in a non-unionized environment.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- HR certification (SHRM-CP or PHR) preferred.
- Strong knowledge of state, federal, and city employment laws.
- Strong experience handling conflict resolution and complex workplace complaints; experience providing guidance to managers on performance management, company policies, and procedures.
- Experience documenting and conducting HR investigations related to discrimination, harassment, retaliation, unfair treatment. Experience approving disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Decision making, strong problem solver and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with highly sensitive matters.
Salary range: $90,000-$120,000 based on experienceSUBMIT YOUR RESUME