International Bank is seeking an Internal Auditor to join their New York City office. This individual will be responsible for conducting audits and overseeing audits performed by outsourced internal audit vendor. 5-8 years’ audit or accounting experience preferably in banking industry or public accounting firm.
Managing and delivery of audit and other assignments in compliance with policy and procedures:
- Prepare the audit deliverables including Audit Announcement Memo, Audit Planning Memo (APM), Terms of Reference (TOR), Process Risk Control Matrix (PRCM), Audit Finding Sheet, Audit Report and work papers in a timely manner with quality and least revising work or repeated comments from reviewers.
- Assist the Team Head or the Chief Auditor to manage the designated areas within Corporate Support Unit, Overseas and Regulatory Audit Team, including job and resources planning.
- Act as the Team Leader to lead the audit team(s) or participate as the Team Member in conducting regular audits, special reviews and/or specific assignments as requested and complete the assigned tasks in accordance with the audit plan or specific timelines as required by the regulators or senior management.
- Monitor the progress of assigned audits, reviews and/or assignments closely and report the status to Team Head / Team Leader regularly.
- Work with auditees to resolve issues and offer practical solutions with reasonable target dates.
- Compliance with internal policy and procedures, specifically the Audit Manual, in delivering audit work at all times.
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to subordinates as required to ensure they are competent to perform the jobs, meet the audit standards and adhere to the Audit Manual.
- Uphold a high integrity standard and the core values/culture of the Bank. Assist the Team Head to assess the progress of the Bank Cultural Reform via BAU audits and advisory.
- Assist the Team Head to achieve the goals and objectives as reflected in the Balanced Score Card of IAG and nil receipt of high severity findings from the HKMA against internal audit.
Tracking, validating the completion of remedial actions and reporting the progress:
- Track the completion status of remedial actions and update the progress periodically.
- Validate the implementation of management remedial actions in quality without delay.
Stakeholder engagement and continuous risk monitoring:
- Maintenance of good relationships with internal stakeholders and auditees to ensure effective communications of the identified risks and audit issues.
- Act as the Product Champion of designated auditable entities to understand and monitor their business development initiatives and risk exposures for continuous monitoring and socialization. Keep abreast of internal policies, regulatory and industry development as well as business changes relating to the designated auditable entities and update the Permanent Audit File accordingly. Perform annual risk assessment on the designated auditable entities in quality without delay in order to assist Team Head or Chief Auditor to form the basis of audit priority, frequency and areas of focus.
- Assist the Team Head to regularly review of the Audit Charter, Audit Manual, Process Risk Control Matrix and quality assurance and risk assessment tools to meet regulatory and industry standards.
- Provide advisory service on risks and internal control to the business and functional units.
- Attendance of project steering committee, governance and business meetings as directed by the Team Head or the Chief Auditor and socialize key business development or risk updates, if any, among the team.
Management and committee reporting:
- Assist the Team Head or Chief Auditor to prepare quality reports and/or presentation for timely submission to senior management, Audit Committee and/or governance committees where appropriate.
Learning and development:
- Sharing the knowledge and experience gained during the audit and / or latest regulatory / industry development with others.
- Attendance of relevant training to achieve the objectives as defined in Training Need Analysis.
Audit related project monitoring:
- Participating in the implementation of new initiatives related to data analytics and project Tango.
- Assist the Team Head to carry out day-to-day supervision on the audit deliverables of outsourced vendor of US audits – RSM to ensure they will meet OCC standards on closing the MRA.
- Assist the Team Head to control IAG expenses to be within approved budget and consideration of cost saving opportunities to achieve actual costs below budget.
- Additional functions assigned by the Team Head or the Chief Auditor.
- In-depth knowledge of internal auditing, accounting, bank requirements and/ or regulations.
- Possess sound knowledge in banking products and the related market practices and regulatory framework.
- Advanced knowledge and strong audit exposure on BSA/AML and OFAC requirements.
- Strong analytical thinking & problem solving skills
- Strong ability to identify root causes; probe for further information
- Strong ability to develop constructive solutions and options
- Strong ability to make recommendations based on sound reason and judgment
- Conduct thorough research and analysis, seeking additional information / advice
- Make well thought-out decisions which impact on self/team.
- Demonstrate consistent logic and objectivity in decision making
- Develop detailed action plans; project into the future and plan activities in advance
- Coordinate own/ others’ time, resources, workload
- Juggle short and long term priorities for self; coordinate with teammates to align team objectives and enhance synergy
- Able to perform independently under brief instructions
- Develop work procedures and assessment methods (self, team)
- Monitor progress and pro-actively report to manager, alerting manager of potential problems
- Consistently maintain high work quality and standards
- Express complex ideas succinctly and persuasively
- Conduct business presentations, small-large groups; handle Q& A
- Write non-routine messages and business reports, both informative and persuasive
- Bachelors Degree in Banking, Risk Management, Finance, Accounting or related disciplines
- Minimum 5-8 years’ audit or accounting experience with at least 5 years in supervisory role, preferably in banking industry
- Minimum 5 years in banking industry or public accounting firm
- CPA or CIA is required
- Strong audit exposure in BSA/AML, OFAC and regulatory control environment a must
- Professional Qualification / HKMA Enhanced Competency Framework Qualification / Professional Examination / License
- CAMS is preferred
Salary Range: $90,000-$150,000, based on experience.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME